Thursday, January 31

The Love Note

As you all know, Valentines day is fast approching and love is in the air - well it is for Paige anyway. Today she gave a boy her very first "Love Note" - she came up with the idea and made it all on her own and told me this morning she was going to give it to him. The love note said, "To: Trevor From: Paige" and on the inside it said. "I love Trevor" with a plastic jewel heart taped to it. When I picked her up from school - our conversation went like this:

P: "Mom, I gave Trevor my love note today."
M: "Really?"
P: "Yeah, I put it on his backpack when he went up to get something from the Treasure box."
M: "Did he see it."
P: "Yeah, I saw him pick it up and read it."
M: "Did he say anything?"
P: "No, I don't think he'll talk to me, but I think he loves me now."

a few minutes go by... (with a big smile on her face she gets super chatty)

P:"I'm so laughing because I love Trevor and I hope he wants to marry me.... I guess if he doesn't I can marry Alex - you know Cina's Alex (Cina's brother)."
M: "Oh..."
P: "I hope he likes my Love Note. I hope he is putting in a frame with the jewel."

Ok, so SERIOUSLY... Paige is 5 years old, ok so she'll be 6 in a couple months but really. When I liked a boy in Kindergarten I told nobody and never talked to him. She wants to shout it from the rooftop and declare her love to him. Oh brother!

14 comments:

Christy said...

Seriously? When I saw her this morning at preschool she was so excited to tell me she was giving "her boyfriend a note." Yes, she called him her boyfried. Paige is always a few years ahead of the game. Good luck with that, I don't know what to tell you.

Amber said...

That is so cute. I can't wait for Ella to be there, I know that sounds crazy, but how fun. Jake is very much like that. He has a crush on a girl named Hana. She gave him a birthday card that said, "I love you" and I've never seen a kid more excited. I'm with you, if I like somebody no one new about it. Tell Paige we say hi.

Kim said...

That is the cutest story I've ever read on someone's blog. I don't know if I'd be more worried Trevor would be mean or that he'd be into it. What a sweet girl. I want to send her a love note!!

Tracy said...

That is so funny! I can't believe Paige... she is so boy crazy! Jess what are you going to do when she gets into high school??

Jenny said...

Tracy~ she already thinks she's in high school!
Jess~ She is hilarious. She's been boy-crazy since she was 2 though.(I.B.) And we all remember the picture from pre-school last year. All I have to say is you are in Trouble. With a Capital T.

SUMMER said...

I hate to say this but I had my first kiss in a cubby hole in kindergarden with a boy named Jimmy. And from there... I was boy crazy my whole life. I think Paige has some of me in her. Sooo funny.

Elena said...

Any chance she's related to me?!?!?! LOL -- j/k. I don't THINK I did anything that crazy, at least not at age 5. Good luck -- she can come live with our family for a summer if need be...(wink, wink)

Cheer up -- her heart's not broken!

Sara Decker said...

That is so hilarious...who knew they started so young. The whole time i was reading your post i was thinking how it is going to be sad when our kids love people that don't love them back, when they are older though, it is going to be hard when our kids get denied!!! It will make me want to go find the person they "LOVE" and try and sell them on loving my kid back, ha ha.

Wendy said...

She must get her persistence for unrequited love from her dad (wink, wink). What ever you do, don't teach her the line, "Let's just talk with our lips touching."

Annalee said...

That's funny Wendy. Jessica---you have a 13 year old on your hands. I can't wait until our kids are really teenagers and Parker comes home from mutual and tells me Paige stories. LOL I actually think it's cute at this age though!!!

Anonymous said...

what a cutie!! I just found my diary from seventh grade and on one page I wrote I love Mike O'Malley and I think he loves me too. So you never know...it might work out with Trevor

Diane said...

I think if the boy saves the note and shows everyone when they are in high school, I think Paige will handle it just fine, as in "I already gave you a chance."

Rubymelt said...

She is so cute!

Rubymelt said...

She is so cute!