Sunday, February 3

Big Bear or Bust!

This past weekend we took a quick trip up to Big Bear with the Thurmans and the Brians. It was so fun and beautiful up there. Getting away for the weekend can be such a nice treat. The kids had a blast together - as always!
Here they are... all the kiddies minus 2 babies. (Back Row: Paige, Meggan, Taylor & Zach; Front Row: Owen, Eliza & Avery)
Saturday was just perfect. There was enough snow for the kids to go sledding and make a Snow Man but the weather was good enough to go out on a walk and throw snowballs. We also went to the old school arcade and played games for cheap toys. Love that. It was also Meggan's 9th birthday so Lori made a cake and we all sang to her. We really enjoyed celebrating with her. Happy Birthday Meggan!!!
Here is John and the kids before heading to the hills for sledding. The women and babies stayed home and kept warm inside while the dads took the kids out. I think Owen looks funny here - almost like he's too cool for the photo.
Paige had such a good time, she was sad that we couldn't stay longer - unfortunaltly a snow storm came in earlier than we planned and cut our trip a little short. Don't worry Paige I'm sure we'll go up again soon. It took a little convincing for Owen to keep all these warm clothes on. It is hard enough for him to stay fully dressed at home - so all this extra clothing was a lot for him to handle. He was so cute trying to stomp through the snow and chase the other kids around.
Here we are - the snow just kept calling for us to come out and play. It case you couldn't tell by the background Paige wanted to hold up snow to show what she was playing with. Thanks Paige!
Oh! And yes, Brock came too - he didn't play in the snow though. He is still just crawling and had a fabulous time chasing after the kids indoors.

I must say it is weekend like these that the kids will always remember. The adults had a good time too - after the kiddies were in bed we played games, watched movies, talked and laughed - oh yeah and ate!

Thanks guys for such a fun weekend!

10 comments:

Christy said...

You got some good group photos. I didn't get those. I'll have to copy them from you. It was such a fun weekend. Next time we are starting to play games, you know who is President! Yeah, baby!!

Kim said...

I was there too. We go up to my sisters cabin a lot. London loves the snow.

Wendy said...

Thank you so much for NOT saying "All in all, we had a great time." Seriously if I read that one more time on anyone's blog, my eyes might roll right out of my head.

Anyway, the snow looks like fun. Can you believe my kids have never seen the snow? Well maybe you can believe that Sophie hasn't but seriously Tess is almost 3. We obviously need to get out more.

Tracy said...

That's so much fun that you guys got to go to the snow for the weekend and then spend the rest of the week in the sun...i'm jealous!

Emily said...

What a fun trip! You guys are so good about getting together with friends and having lots of fun! I love the pictures too!

Jenny said...

Brrr! Looks cold!
What a blast! The kids look like they had so much fun. That picture of Owen is total gangsta! Come on John, can't you see him being a B-Boy? (Is that what they're called? I feel like I'm 80 AKA too old to use the word B-boy)

Janan said...

Snow is always fun, when you get to go back home to mild weather! But "all in all it looks like fun" that was for Wendy. LOL. My kids love the crappy toys and I always have to give the "cheap toys" disclaimer that they will only last a day or two....whether they break down or mom chucks them! ;)

SUMMER said...

Jess- we are going to Big Bear this weekend and need some recommendations of places to eat. Call me or email me! Looks like you had a good weekend!

Tarah said...

I love that kids have such a high tolerance for extreme temperatures! Our girls are so enamored by the fluffy white stuff! We are headed there this weekend to take them skiing for the 1st time. Looks like fun!

Diane said...

Tell Paige I'm so glad she held snow up for the picture. I was worried she was playing in sand, dirt, or mud until I saw that. Good job Paige. I can't wait to take the kiddies out in the snow when they come to visit. Do you have a date yet?