Saturday, February 23

My Baby is 1

I can't believe that one year ago today this baby boy came into our lives. I really get choked up thinking about how fast he has grown. I can honestly say that he has been a pure joy this past year - other then taking 11 months to sleep through the night (yeah, you read that right). He has been all smiles all the time. And for any of you that know him you know I'm not just trying to paint a rosey picture... he is such a sweet-heart. Here he was 1 year ago.

Goodness! Look at this boy and that little face.

It wouldn't be a birthday without family, friends and some cake. I think he's a little intimidated by the 50+ eyes staring at him and his bright cake (yep, I made the cake - WOW is it bright!!!).
Oh!!!! Poor baby boy didn't like all the attention or better yet - he wasn't into the messy cake. Stop the torture and get this boy cleaned up!

Lucky for everyone else my friend Davlyn made us this beautiful Red Velvet cake. It was so moist and yummy! I seriously suggest you try hers sometime.
Well, he was a tad bit timid of the cake but made enough of a mess to get washed up. What would a birthday be without getting in your birthday suit.
Opening presents was a lot of fun for this boy. Lucky for him he had a lot of help from his cousins and friends. Happy birthday Brock!
For the record this boy took 5 steps today! Way to go!!!!


15 comments:

SUMMER said...

He is seriously one handsome little devil! Well- actually he is far from a devil! He is such a good boy! Glad he had a good 1st birthday! Davlyn cakes really are the BEST!!!

Meggan said...

What a cutie! He looks so much like you, seriously. First birthdays are so bitter sweet to me. I hate it that my kids are growing up. It makes me want to have more. Oh dear.

Tracy said...

Oh, he's so cute! I can't believe how much he has changed over the past few months since I have seen him!

Kim said...

I can't believe these babies are so old. He is such a charmer. There is something about a little boy right after his bath. Don't you just want to eat them, inhale them, something? Or am I just a little obsessed? He is just perfect. And the invites weren't bad either. :)

Sara Decker said...

He is so cute, and I can't even believe he is one. How did a year pass already? Your cake is awesome....what a fun day. Happy bday Brock!

Adrienne said...

Ummm, don't tell anyone but I think your cake is prettier than Davlyn's!!

Can't believe little B-rock is one already. I'm sad I missed the party, but that cake sure looked yummy! You better just have another one now!

Celia said...

I've told you this before but I'll say it again -- Brock is probably one of the cutest babies around!

Happy First B-day Little Guy!

p.s. That 1 yr. old photo is so dang cute. I love the expression on his face!

Emily said...

Jessica, that last picture of Brock is picture perfect! He is one cute little guy! We need to get Logan and Brock playing together. By the way, have you ever thought about cake decorating as a profession? Your Valentine cake was awesome too!

Tarah said...

Jessica- Brock is such a cute little baby boy. Looks like he had a fun day! Thanks for the cupcakes! Kaili had blue stains from the intense amount of frosting!

Wendy said...

Brock was a good birthday boy and his party was awesome! I saw those 5 step and am so proud of him. Way to go Brock!

Christy said...

We are so sad we missed the party. He is so cute in all of these pictures. It really has gone by too fast. What a little cutie!

Lisa said...

Hey Jessica,
I am so glad you blog stalked me. Holy #*&! I can't believe you have 3 kids! You'll have to give me some mommy advice like fav. double stroller and such. It has been way too long. Looks like all is well. Your littlest one looks like you. They are all pretty cute though. Way to go!

Jules said...

What a dollface! I love the picture of him elbow deep in his own cake. He looks so happy about it! We have a great video of my son Alex burning his finger in the candle flame as we were dumb enough to put it right in front of him.

Jenny said...

What a cutie! I can't believe our babies are this big!!! I'm with Adrienne. Your cake was DYN-O-MITE!

Elena said...

Happy Baby Birthday, Brocky-Boy! Whoah, Jessica! Check out your hair -- it's getting long!