Thursday, February 14

Valentine's Day Our Way

We started the day off with Valentines parties at both Kindergarten and Preschool. I could only go to one of them so I picked my favorite child and went there.... j/k. I wasn't invited to Owen's party and since I don't get to help in Paige's class that often - I try to go to the events that I can.
I went to the party with a mission. The mission was, if I choose to accept it - which I did, to take a photo of Trevor (the "Love Note" kid) without being noticed. I'm afraid that his mom already thinks we are stalkers (I may have neglected to blog about Paige's other Love Notes dropped off at his house) so I was to be stelth. This is the best shot I could get. Yes, she still talks about him constantly, but in good taste she plays it cool around him. I was impressed.
I was glad to be the one picking up today because the kids (we carpool with Mason) came out wearing the cutest hearts over them. Luckily I still had my camera in my pocket from my earlier mission. On the back was a cute poem that said... "This Valentine I'm giving you, Don't put it on a shelf. It's something you can hold and love. I'm giving you myself." I about cried it was too cute.
Well it wouldn't be Valentine's day without some home-made treats. We decided to make a cake for Daddy. Paige and her cousin Fletcher helped frost it and all the kids helped douse it with sprinkes.
Wha-la! "The Best Cake Ever," according to Owen. Can I say that I was impressed with our efforts. The kids also made valentines for their dad - Owen refused to make one for me. I asked a couple times and he said, "no, Daddy." Alrighty then.
Don't worry the day wasn't going to pass without Paige making a special delivery to Trevor's house. Lucky for us he wasn't home so after ringing the bell a few dozen times, she left it on his doorstep. Oh Trevor I swear we are not stalkers, but this girl has a mad crush and if you only knew how often she wanted to drop by... well you get the point.
And finally it wouldn't be Valentine's Day without a dinner out... with the kids to Chuck E Cheese - yep that was our night. It was actually pretty fun, Brock had so much fun playing on this firetruck with no tokens in it. Don't you love that stage - when it was fun just to play on a toy without dumping $$$$ into it only to have it wiggle and jiggle for 28 seconds before we have to dump more $$$$. Good boy!
Happy Valentines Day!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Your finished cake looks awesome! Was CEC dead tonight?

Kim said...

wow, are you kidding with that cake...I'm impressed, I don't have that kind of patience. Your kids are too cute. I love Paige! I was way more nervous about boys. I just wrote who I loved on the palm of my hand.

SUMMER said...

Paige is cracking me up with the drop off to the boyfriend Trevor! She is sooo funny! And the "Dad" cake is awesome! It looked professional!

Janan said...

My valentines day was spent in SLC with 30 other womena dnone guy, learning all about reservations. poo.

Tarah said...

Great to hang out tonight! We definitely have experienced little girl crushes! Hopefully it is just a phase. I think it's sweet.

Lori said...

I'm so glad to finally see a picture of the much talked about Trevor. I think he's cute--I bet there a cute couple. haha! Also, Love the cake!!

Jenny said...

Love the stealthy photo. I have taken many a picture like that. Especailly in HS. I had the biggest crush. OOOOOOOHHHHHH! Takes me back!
Don't be bummed about your Valentine's dinner. We used leftover tri-tip and made egg sandwiches in our pjs. So Romantic!