Tuesday, February 19

President's Weekend

Can I say that I love our dead Presidents even more when we get days off in celebration of them? I really do. Thank you President Lincoln and President Washington for making such an impact on our country so that we can have the day off to spend with our familiy and friends.






This weekend was really nice and relaxing. We didn't do too much because the kids weren't feeling themselves. Friday night we went to dinner to celebrate Valentine's day with some friends. PF Chang's is always a good place for a large group. Too bad the Barber's didn't make it - poor baby swollowed a penny that day and was rushed to the ER to get it taken out. Nice to know she is fine now - whew! (I hijacked this picture from Summer's blog)


Saturday was spent organizing and cleaning house. Now that my mom has moved out... oh only a few months ago - we are trying to decide what to do with the spare room. John wants it to be an office. I'm not against it completely. I just think that since neither of us "work from home" we shouldn't use up an entire room just for an office. I'd like to have it part office, playroom, tv room... you know - a little of everything. Am I expecting too much? I think we should re-shelf the closet to fit a TV and have space for baskets of toys and other kid items. I want a small couch in there but John really wants bean bags. I just don't know if I'm a "Bean Bag" kinda gal. Hmmm.... what to do... what to do.

Monday after the kids and I went to the park we came home and John called saying the tide was low and we should go down to the tide pools. I LOVE THE TIDE POOLS!!! So off we went and it was a beautiful day. I didn't have my camera with me so I took a couple pictures with my phone. I think they turned out ok considering....

Here is Jim giving a quick Marine Science course to the kiddies... Oh, I think he's just picking up crabs.
Look how georgous this day was. I swear I could have stayed outside all day long. I can't believe it is the middle of February!!!
Here is Paige and Owen (too shy to be photographed) standing on a rock covered in muscles. What was nice is that these little creatures made it really easy to walk on the rocks - it wasn't slippery at all.
Here is me and my buddy Brock. What is with me? Do I think I'm Posh Spice - can't I smile??? I think I was concentrating on trying to get the both of us in the picture at the same time - but seriously smile girl!

4 comments:

Celia said...

Love the tide pool pics -- so cute! How would it be to even be able to go outside in the month of Feb. without the fear of frostbite?!?

Emily said...

I love president's Weekend too! I always forget to plan some really cool getaway though, then it's too late to really go anywhere. We did had fun hanging around here too. You will have to call me when the tide is low next time...how fun!!! Cute pictures, even with your phone!

Tracy said...

I love having a long weekend. I'm so glad you are having good weather in February... I hope it's still good when I come down in March!

Elena said...

Happy Birthday, Brocky Boy! What a cute, big boy you are! I can't wait to see you!
Love,
"Auntie-Laina"