Wednesday, March 5

Lagging Lately

Well I have been totally lagging on the blog and there is one main reason... this...
We have spent almost every day outside lately. The kids are just loving the time they have to ride bikes, scooters and run around. It's hard to tell in this photo (taken while sitting in my garage) of the kids across the way sitting on the ground sharing a moment together, eating a cookie and being so sweet to each other. (I know they are practically impossible to see). We have had so much fun getting off the couch and outdoors.
Paige is getting so good on her bike - she is a natural. Owen is trying his hardest to keep up on the scooter. If you are looking to spend some time outside, bring over your bikes and scooters and enjoy the sun with us.

Now on to my little Owen. I swear this kid grew into a big boy over night... or should I say one morning. Here is a picture of what he looked like just a month ago...
And here he is now! I swear he looks so old to me I can hardly recognize him. We were at the park the other day and as I would scan the park looking for him I looked right past him a couple of times. This hair cut was due to a few bad hair cuts...
I have to say I miss his long golden hair. I just loved it - I use to hold him in my arms and run my fingers through his hair - now it's so short and rough to the touch. Oh well, hair grows back right?

7 comments:

Emily said...

Okay, I didn't even recognize that big boy of yours! What a little cutie, he looks ready for summertime! My kids would love to ride bikes and play outside anytime, I need to get Avery on her bike more! We'll call you to play!

Suzanne said...

I am so jealous of all the CA sunshine you are having! I will have to post a picture of my snowy yard. We had a teaser day of 65 degrees on Monday and Tuesday was down to 35 degrees and then snow that night. I love the snow but I'm ready for the kids to get off the couch and be outside! Your kids are adorable!!

Kathy said...

What a handsome guy! I could stare at his blue eyes all day :) (I'm surrounded by 'just brown')

Enjoy your sun! and the beautiful view out your garage!!!

SUMMER said...

LOVE this weather! And Owen IS getting So big!!!

Heather said...

Oh Jess, I can't believe the long hair is gone - I loved it! He looks completely different! I bet he's hard to keep track of now - you'll get use to it and it'll grow back.

Janan said...

Very jealous of the weather, we're still freezing buns over here. Roan has gone through various haircuts. And every time I regret it. His hair is super short right now with a little faux-hawk and I am just watching it waiting for it to be long again. Even so, who couldn't love those baby blue eyes on your Owen?

Rubymelt said...

All your kids are adorable! I love the Owen stories. He is hilarious!