Sunday, March 9

Bravery or Foolishness?

This weekend we did some things that made me wonder are we brave or just plain foolish? On Friday I watched Kate & Ezra (Adrienne's kids) and Avery (one of Christy's) for a couple of ours. Paige was still at school and it was such a nice day - I thought, why not walk to the park? I had one rule for the kids, everyone rides there and back - I wasn't going to carry any scooters or anything. All 5 kids road there via tricycle, scooter or stroller. I saw Trevor's mom (of course) and she pulled over to ask what I was doing... running a day care? I said no - just going to the park! The kids had a blast riding there and back, although there was a little confrontation over who was in front. Everyone took there turn of being "first."


On Saturday John was scheduled to get his wisdom teeth out. Yeah, at 33 he is finally getting those huge teeth pulled. The dentist recommended it since there was a huge cavity and they are so hard to get back there and clean. I didn't find out until Friday night that John had decided not to get put under. Apparently our insurance didn't cover it and he just thought that it wasn't worth the money. So with only local anesthesia and some laughing gas he came out 20 minutes later wisdom teeth free!

So in the end were we brave or foolish? The park was a success - we made it there and back with no melt downs and lots of smiles. John's wisdom teeth retraction went smoothly - he said on a scale of 1 - 10 it was only a 2. And, with all that could have gone wrong, things turned out "all in all" very well!

13 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

I cannot believe that he wasn't put under! Crazy! That is very brave! But more brave of you to have everyone ride to the park! You are crazy!

Suzanne said...

Those teeth are lovely! The crazy thing is I still have my wisdom teeth that were pulled almost 20 years ago. Why do we save these things!! I can't believe he didn't go under for it. Brave soul:)

SUMMER said...

Those teeth are VERY bloody! John is full of crap! That must have hurt SO bad! The thought of it makes me want to cringe!!!

Jules said...

"He had his wisdom teeth pulled." Is this a euphemism to explain his run in with the mob?! That looks like it must have been way more than a 2!

I hope my HOA puts in a park down the street this summer. Then I'll gladly walk a dozen kids to the park every day! Here's hoping.

Jana Heller said...

hey this is kind of random but this is jana heller (wittren). i was talking to kim suttles and she told me about your blog. i just wanted to say that you have the cutest kids. tell john that i said hi! jana

Wendy said...

Nasty. You need to give a warning that nasty bloody teeth are coming up. Did I mention that this is nasty?

Jenny said...

#1 Brave #2 Foolish!
And yes, those teeth are NASTY!
You should have called me on Friday. I could have dropped my kids off too. Oh I mean, I could have come to help you! :)

Sara Decker said...

Ditto on everything Jenny said...you were brave, John was foolish. I would go in debt to pay to be put under (and i did, ha ha), that is way too scary! And i feel bad that i just sat around most of friday...i could have helped.

Rubymelt said...

Holy cow! John is brave. I can't believe he had all 4 pulled without being put under. And you too are very brave...all those kids going to the park. Jess, you inspire me!!!

Christy said...

Sorry, I think you were both foolish! LOL!

Elena said...

Good for you for going to park -- I have not been with my own three kids in next to forever -- hence, we turned our backyard into our own mini park.
As for the latter -- oh my barf. That is so sick. I remember after waking from wisdom tooth removal, I had blood spatter on my face. I think the dentist/oral surgeon people are TOTALLY different when you're awake. It may be smarter to be awake -- they can't be as wreckless.

Heather said...

Thanks for the nasty looking teeth but way to go John! I still have mine in as well so I'm sure my day will be here soon. Jess, you're never foolish you're always brave:)

Tarah said...

K. enoughs enough. I have looked at too much poop and now bloody teeth on blogs tonight. I'm gonna barf! I haven't had mine out yet either. I am not looking forward to that day!