Friday, April 18

Dinner & A Show

So we went to dinner and a show with some friends the other night - and it was anything but typical. We sat back for some grub and action as the crowd got pumped to see some jousting!!! Bring it on!
Here we are... ready to see blood - or at least a few good fights, right?
I knew they were serving chicken, I was expecting a breast or leg or something - not half of one... OH MY!
I think the best part of the night was seeing how into it these knights were - we couldn't help but wonder if telling people they worked at Medieval Times got the ladies attention... it sure got mine ;)
The night wouldn't be complete without dessert... I think McD's just dropped off some hot apple pies!
After the war was over and the prince killed the villain and returned to his princess, we were excused from our seats... here's the group all stuffed on chicken, potatoes, ribs and garlic bread!
Oooh La La! It's our brave Blue knight! What I really want to know is why we weren't good enough to throw a rose our way?!? Hugh?!?
Ah, and alas, meeting the King and his Princess! Sorry Lindsey - no touching the KING!
Some good highlights of the night were:
-- searching for the entrance
-- Jim expressing his disinterest in "barn animals"
-- The Blue Knight completely dissing us while throwing flowers to the ladies
-- John's failed search for salt & pepper
-- The flat diet sodas
-- The servers 180 turn after receiving her tip
-- Fully immersing ourselves in the violent show

Good Times GUYS! Where to next?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

My highlight was being called "My Lord" by the waitress...

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the pirate one down the street? -Lindsey

Wendy said...

Wow! You're high lights seem more like low lights. How much did this cost again???

Sara Decker said...

Those pictures are funny. Looks fun, the chicken looks yummy. No utensils right?

Jessica said...

That was the funny part - is even with flat soda and bad service it was still a lot of fun!

Christy said...

So was the tip really good or really bad?

Kim said...

This place really brings back memories of bad dates. Nothing like being there with a guy you don't like.

Tracy said...

i've always been curious of what went on in that place... so thanks for the pictures! it does look like fun. joe and i always wonder what people do after they graduate school and have been in the medieval club.... i guess this!

Joe said...

I would club a baby seal for a McDonalds apple pie right now...

Heather said...

Jess,
Love the new background! It looks great.

Suzanne said...

Great new look to your blog! I love changing it up. Thanks to your sister for the tips on that!! The dinner & show look like fun too. Last time I was there was as a senior in High School and I won't mention how many years ago that was! It looks like it hasn't changed a bit but still a lot of fun:)

Jenny said...

I love Medieval Times too. There's something so awesome about being able to call your server a wench!
Looks like good times!

Amber said...

I love the new page!

Meggan said...

That's a fun date! I'm always looking for things to do so I just might add that to the list.

Do you go to TKB? I almost started doing triple jabs to the right when I heard the song on your blog. :)

Janan said...

I've only been when we were living in Italy, and it takes a LONG time when the program is said in Italian, German, and English. WOW, but we had fun and NOT TO RUB YOUR NOSE IN IT, BUT (LOL) I was handed a rose by a handsome young night. Flat soda? We were served warm, iceless soda. Europeans do not believe in ICE.

Jules said...

Paul will be so jealous when he sees this. He loves this kind of thing and never passes up a chance to go. His dream job might be to be in the show!