Tuesday, May 27

Owen's Field Trip

Today was Owen's first Field Trip to the mini farm near our house. We go every year for preschool and it was his turn. He was so excited and he kept talking about his "field trip" - I don't even think he knew where he was going or what he was going to do. He just knew it was exciting and that Brock was coming too.

One of the first stops was (what I'd like to call) the "Bunny and Guinea Pig Pit." It's an enclosed area full of rabbits and guinea pigs. Owen just loved it. Brock was a little afraid at first. We got there right when the farm opened so all the animals were hungry. Brock was very curious, but didn't want them jumping on him.
Owen was all to eager to hold the "bunnies" - he called them all bunnies even if they were guinea pigs. Brock eventually warmed up to the pit and wanted to sit on the log with all the other big kids. He wasn't interested in holding any animals but you couldn't wipe the smile off his face. So cute! (Elle looks a little worried here) Next the kids all went on a train ride. Brock made it a few laps before screaming so hard they had to stop the ride and get him off. I think it was too much for him to see me over the fence and go right past me. Owen seemed to love it! Here are all the kids (minus Brock) as they came around the bend. What a cute group of preschoolers!!! Lucky for the goats we still had more carrots. Owen (and his friend Londyn) really loved feeding all the animals - any animal that would eat from them - they would feed. After some sheep, a cow, lamas, an ostrich and more farm animals they took rides on the horses or in this case was it a Pony? Owen said he wanted the "black one" and that is what he got. This kid is a far cry from Paige. She was always terrified and refused to ride the horses whenever we came there. Good job Owen! What a fun trip - I was dreading bringing Brock but he really enjoyed himself and it wasn't that bad. Nothing a tube of anit-bacterial foam couldn't handle right?

11 comments:

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Ooops, I forgot. cute pics. Tess & Sophie would have loved that.

Sara Decker said...

I was secretly dreading going with Grayson too, but then I felt bad when Bennett was sick and couldn't go. I haven't told him yet that he missed it. Hopefully he will never figure it out, or I might be going by myself with him next week! Looks fun, cute pictures.

Christy said...

That really did turn out to be a lot of fun. My girls loved it. Brock is too cute loving being a big boy. Your boys are so cute.

Christy said...

p.s. Can you email me the pictures of my kids? Thanks!

Diane said...

What big boys they are!! Owen has been in Paige's shadow for a while, so he must love getting to do his own activities. Way to go, Owen! Brock is such a doll.

Janan said...

That looks like a lot of fun. And super cute expressions!

SUMMER said...

i LOVE that farm... the kids all look so cute. Brock is hilarious in the middle of it all!

Jenny said...

I must admit that as fun as it was to go, I always feel so disgusting. Anti-bacterial gel? Nope, full-blown hot shower when I got home! Cute pics!

Emily said...

I still need to take my kids there! Cute pictures of Owen and Brock! I am right there with you though on the anti-bacterial gel....but I would need a HOT shower too!

Kim said...

Jessica, your kids are so cute. I love the background on your blog...where do you find such cute backgrounds...I need in on these tips.