Friday, May 9

Birthday Celebration

What to do? What to do to celebrate Paige. How about dinner with the family? Paige picked her favorite restaurant to go to with the family. She said, " I want to go to the place by the freeway with all the birds." So there we went!
After a CRAZY dinner (that is an understatement) the kids enjoyed a few rides on the escalator.
Apparently dinner with the family wasn't enough of a celebration so on Friday we picked up a few of her friends after school and went to Wendy's house to get their nails painted.
Then we all went to see the movie Nim's Island. I thought the movie was really cute and adventurous. Paige got a little scared when the father went missing. She had to come sit of my lap for a portion of it, but the other girls all seemed to really like it. Maybe it was the sugar high of all the candy and popcorn they ate. :)
After the manicure and movie we all went to the park and then to dinner. The girls were all so sweet to each other and I think they all had a really good time. I have to say it was nice being able to be with Paige and her friends without the interruption of Owen and Brock (they stayed home with a babysitter). There was one time when Paige asked me to stop talking - um... ok... I guess I'm not as cool as I thought. Be quiet MOM! Sorry sweetie - I'll just sit here and let you all chat it up! :) Man, I'm old.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

That is hilarious that she is telling you to be quiet... that girl has some SASS!

Island's is a great pick Paige, it's one of my favorites too!

Wendy said...

Email the picture of all the kids +Jake. That's awesome!

Painting the girls nails was so much fun. Come to my beauty shop any time you want!

Jenny said...

Get out! What a great day! I'm sure she will remember it forever. All I kept thinking when I read this and saw these pictures is that despite what our kids may think, we are all really cool!

Jules said...

Pretty sad when you can't impress 6 yr olds with your coolness. . .