Wednesday, May 21

Luck or Destiny?

Well this post will be a lot like Christy's so if you read hers there is no need to read mine. So here goes the story of our day at Aaaaaamerican Idol! (said like Ryan Seacrest)
So Annalee put her name on the list at the beginning of the season to get tickets to the show. She received an email voucher for four seats at this weeks show. So, Annalee, Lori, Christy and I arrange babysitting for, collectively, our 12 kids and head up to the Nokia Theatre. The instruction were to get there no earlier than 10 am and no later then 12:30. We got there at 11 and let's just say there was easily a few thousand, yes THOUSAND, people in line already. There was a lot of waiting, a little moving, more waiting and yes even more waiting. Needless to say a couple hours into it we got hungry (both Annalee and Lori are expecting) and I got resourceful. Thank you iPhone! I called a nearby Pizza Hut and our conversation went something like this:
"Pizza Hut, can I help you?"
"Yes, I'd like to order a Pizza."
"What is your phone number?"
"My phone number is ..."
"What is your address?"
"Well that's the tricky part. I'm in yellow and I'm on the corner of Cherry and 12th street."
"Um... ok... what would you like on your pizza?"
No more than 30 minutes later we received our half cheese half Hawaiian style pizza. Yum!
So here is where the luck or destiny comes in. It's now 3:00 and they have already let 1500 or so people in for the dress rehearsal. They aren't sure how many more they can let in for the show and it's not looking good since we are another 2100 or so people back. They think they can let in 1700... really not good for us. Annalee and I decide to get out of line and go look for an "alternative way" inside - aka BEG! No one wanted anything to do with us so we sat on some steps across for the Nokia and sulked in the hot sun. My feet were aching, my make-up was melting and I had used up all my favors -- just to not get in. Lori and Christy decide to bag the line and find us. Christy suggests going to the Nokia and just see what's happening. As we start walking over there Lori opens a box on top of a trash can and finds hundreds of wrist bands they handed out earlier for the dress rehearsal. We throw those on hoping for a miracle. As we cross the street we see a guy coming back with a hand full remaining tickets to give out to those in line. He was confused why we weren't inside with the wrist bands we had on. We confessed to finding them and he gave us tickets anyway. We couldn't believe what just happened in a matter of minutes we went from sulking to, not only getting in, but VIP tickets. Christy and I were in the 6th row and Annalee and Lori in the 8th row. Justin Chambers (from Grey's Anatomy) was in the row in front of us with all his kids. What can I say, as he walked by us to leave I had to ask for a photo! And yes, he is just as mysterious and serious as he is in the show. The guy never stood to clap and barely cracked a smile the whole show. (BTW they said no phones or cameras - here's to my iPhone who is so sleek and sexy and easy to sneak in) So here's the funny part, after the show was over we head out for a nice dinner. We are driving and laughing and talking AI stuff. We talked about Fantasia and her performance the other week. Christy says she liked it and I said I can't stand it - I hated the song and I thought she was terrible. Minutes later we are at a red light and right next to us is Fantasia. What do I do? Oh, only what any normal hypocrite would do - I roll down my window and yell, "I love you Fantasia, I love your song!" and then I snap a photo. We couldn't stop laughing at what a idiot I was. But really, what was I gonna say. "hey... aren't you Fantasia... you sing right?" We threw her a bone and she loved every minute of it. (She even waited as the light turned green for my to snap my photo)

A special thanks to Pizza Hut for delivering where ever and when ever you wish. A thank you to iPhone for creating such luxurious technology to get us around LA when we got lost, find Pizza Hut's number and snap all the photos that I wouldn't have got any other way. Thank you Annalee for inviting me and thank you Ticket Guy for caring when no one else would. Oh and Thank you Justin Chambers for sitting in front of us!
Alright Wendy, another special thanks to HDTV because without it you could not see us. We only recorded on regular TV and we couldn't see us that clearly. Thanks Wendy for the photo and photoshoped arrows.

19 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow Jess, that sounds like an amazing night. Wendy said she saw you on t.v., I wish I had it recorded to pause it to see that.

I agree, Fantasia did an awful job the other night. But I would have done the same thing as you if I saw her on the street.

Wendy said...

And thank you Wendy for having HDTV so I could be seen on tv even buried in a crowd. You made my dreams come true to be a real television star!

Don't forget to thank Justin for those extra hours in the gym working on his back! Oh-la-la!

Emily said...

I love that you found bracelets, ordered pizza, got in as a VIP and snuck your iphone in! You're awesome!

Christy said...

Your post is better than mine. I feel like copying and pasting it onto mine :) I want to read it over and over again because it was so much fun! Seriously, how did we get in? Also, this just confirmed the fact that I need an iphone.

Amber said...

Dude! I'm speachless. You lucky dog. I'm so excited for you and your friends. I don't give a flying hoot who's on it next year I'm going to put in for tickets and hopefully I'll have the luck you did.

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

NO WAY! Blondes have all the luck :)

And congrats on expecting the babe! I didn't know, but I'm excited for you guys!

Natalie

Jules said...

That's great. I wondered if that was you on TV the other night... Not really, but how lucky are you! Thanks for sharing a bit of the fun with us regular schlubs.

Wendy said...

What's this talk of you expecting? Did I miss something?

Suzanne said...

LUCKY! My 5 yr. old is sitting next to me as I'm reading this and he says "I wish we could go to that American Idol place". What more can I say!! That sounds like a blast:)

Jessica said...

Just to clear up any confusion... I am NOT expecting a baby. I will on the other hand be going back on my diet. :)

Brad said...

Jessica,

I totally thought you were pregnant from that comment. What did that mean???? Looks like you guys had a blast. Someday I will be able to go have fun like that.

I love how Justin from Grey's totally is touching heads with you guys. Cool.

Janan said...

Wow. Mygirls are drooling over the fact that you were right there infront of the DAVIDS. I'm drooling about Justin Chambers. He is smokin. Luck was with you! WIT_WOO

SUMMER said...

SO fun! I love the arrows that Wendy did!!! LOVE that pizza story... that was the best!!! Why is this show so fun? And when will we be to old to not do things like this? NEVER!!!

SUMMER said...

P.S. Who lets Kristy lee cook dress like that? Her top is just embarassing! And her white dress from last night looked like 90's prom. Poor girl... she seems nice though!

Jenny said...

The pizza story was awesome! I am so glad you guys didn't give up... Are our 15 minutes up yet? I don't think so! Here's to next year!
And Justin Chambers? THTH! Oh wait, you did "handle" him. :) Lucky!

Jen said...

Jess- how fun to find your blog! I waslooking at pictures first and I thought- holy cow- did jess marry the guy from Greys Anatomy!? That is how long it has been! I being able to see your cute family! I hope all is well and I am soooooo jealous about AI!

Christy said...

I'm copying the picture with the arrows to put on my blog. I love that!

Celia said...

Justin Chambers? Michael Johns?!? Who am I kidding? You had me at "Pizza Hut."

That's it! I'm moving to SoCal!

(p.s. Can I be your friend when I get there?)

Unknown said...

Ha Ha. That is the best story ever. Wish I was there. Sounds like you guys made history. I just joined blogging. Can't wait to keep in touch better. Your blog is very cute!!