Tuesday, November 27

Thanksgiving in Utah

We started off our week flying to Utah just me and the kiddies. The kids and I stayed at my sister Emily's for a few days. There we had a blast going to Jump On It, we saw the Bee movie, shopped and played with the cousins. Thanks Em for a good time.

Here is a photo of Jump On It - it's this crazy place where everyone goes crazy jumping from tramp to tramp. They even have bounce houses and slides for the little ones.
I think Paige was a little sad in this photo due to crack the egg - I think she got cracked a little too hard. And little Brock is still in his PJ's because he kept getting woken up to go places... I guess that is the life of the third child right?
We did the activities we typically do in Utah, one of which includes dinner and shopping at the mall. Here is Owen and I just minutes before he fell asleep on the bench at CPK... we hadn't even gotten our food yet - I guess we really wore him out that day.
This year was super special due to the Zimmerman reunion. John's cousins all got together at a local stake center for pizza, basketball, jump rope, fruit loop necklaces and a lot of catching up. Here are some 1st and 2nd cousins having some fun.
Here is Brock and his 2nd Cousin Zeek Zimmerman - Brock is just a week or two older. Is it just me or is Brock's head twice the size???
Well I have to say it was a successful trip up for the holidays. John says it was our best trip yet - I think it's just because our kids are getting older and we can actually go out and do things rather then stay in all day for feedings and naps. I'd also like to give a shout out and a big thanks to the Smith family for Thanksgiving dinner. We didn't get any pictures that day, but it was sure fun combining for a the festivities.

7 comments:

Sara Decker said...

That does sound like a success. I can't believe how many trampolines that place has, i want to go there! It is trips like that that make you want to travel more! Good memories.

SUMMER said...

That looks great!!! Glad you had a good time.

Emily said...

Fun trip to Utah! I need to find out where that jump place is! I love the picture of Brock with his little hawk! He is such a cutie!!

Christy said...

Okay we are for sure hitting up the Jump On It place next time we are in Utah. That is crazy! Sounds like a fun trip. It's always nice when a trip is a success.

Anonymous said...

i want to bounce around from tramp to tramp! that looks like so much fun.

dylan definitely gets the shaft as far as sleep goes. i'm always waking him up, poor kid.

glad you had a fun trip. i've decided that the older my kids get, the easier life is. for awhile there i thought feedings, naps, and baby gear was just part of life with kids. luckily they all grow out of it!

Celia said...

Now that I've seen Brock in real life, I think his pictures are even cuter. The kid is such a tank -- I just want to pinch his thighs. I'll call Adrienne and have her do it for me. On second thought, she probably already does so maybe we'll give Brock's oh-so-squeezable thighs a rest.

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun in Utah! Blair & I were bummed that we didn't get to see you guys. Oh, and I can't believe Jump On It actually exists. My childhood dream was to get all of my neighbors to push their trampolines together so that we could bounce from tramp to tramp. That is awesome! That may have to be our next FHE activity. Thanks for the idea!