Sunday, December 2

It's Begining to Look a lot like X-mas

Isn't it? Well what da' know it's that time of year. I absolutly love it. We usually make a night of buying our tree but this year we got it through the local high school's baseball team (for a fund raiser). I would love to say that decorating was all singing and smiles, but that just wasn't reality in our house this year. The kids were running around chasing each other and fighting over who held the lights. In the end, the lights were hung and we all enjoyed the sweet holiday spirit. Ahhhh... Christmas time. John strung the lights on the tree. What a great help he is.
Owen gets all tangled up in the lights - he loves to point out all the colors.
Look at that face.... there is just something so special about a FIRST Christmas.
Guess who? Well if you look close enough -- it is Owen laying underneith the Christmas tree as we hung the lights. I peered down and what do I see? Owen!
Here the kids are enjoying the lights.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is totally looking like christmas..i love the pictures of your boys in the lights...that is really cool looking. and by the way...wham's "last christmas" is like my favorite song and it was playing on your blog, so that made my day! :)

Celia said...

I'm glad we're not the only ones to have a less-than-serene Christmas decorating experience. Ruby kept walking off with all the decorations and Henry wanted to do all the "tree trimming" so we have like an infinity of knick-knack ornaments at knee level all around the tree. Aren't kids great? Even though they manage to remove all romance and idealism from what used to be so "special," they somehow make them even better than they ever were, don't they?

dd... said...

Looks so pretty! I love decorating the christmas tree!

Christy said...

That sounds kind of like our weekend. That picture of Owen hiding in the tree is classic. I would find him easily in our tree because of the BIG GAPS!

Rubymelt said...

So cute! Your kids are precious and how exciting since Santa is coming soon...

Emily said...

okay, Owen just makes me laugh! He is so animated! I love the picture under the tree! Yesterday at Londyn's he was so excited yelling..."oh my gosh...oh my gosh..." as she was opening presents! He ran over to me to show me the present. He's the best!

Elena said...

What a wonderful family you are -- I tend to avoid the chaos and decorate after the kids go to bed. Sometimes it's just worth a little extra chaos to get the glow of their faces lit up. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

Wendy said...

That picture of Owen is awesome! It just makes me nervous that he's going to get a pine needle in the eye. That may sound like an odd thing to worry about but it happened to me when I was younger and it wasn't pretty.

SUMMER said...

Your Christmas Card was darling! Who took that cute picture?

Janan said...

what a bunch of cuties and that tramp place looks like somewhere my fam needs to go.