Tuesday, November 13

Recipe


Lately we have been on a big kick of making home made play dough. The kids love it and it is great when the weather is bad and you are stuck inside. Here is a GREAT play dough recipe I've been using for the kids lately.

2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
2 Cups water
2 TBL. Oil
4 Tsp. Cream of Tarter
Food Coloring (I like to use Candy Coloring because it turns out brighter and looks like the color of real Play-Doh)

Mix flour, salt and cream of tarter together. Add water, oil and food coloring. Cook the mixture over low to medium heat for 3 - 5 minutes. Keep stiring until the mixture forms a solid ball. Coll and store in an air tight container. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Jules said...

How does this compare to real Playdoh for getting stuck in the carpet, breaking down into hundreds of miniscule pieces, etc? I'm gonna try this for preschool.

SUMMER said...

Oh fun! Thanks... I may actually attempt to make this play dough! Did you give "Project Runway" a whirl last night?

Anonymous said...

Julie - I'd say it's the same as real play dough. When my kids make a mess of it (that has known to happen) I wait for it to dry and then sweep it up. It comes up a lot easier that way.

Summer - I didn't get a chance to see it yet - but I'll let you know when i do and how it goes. I need to start picking up some reality tv with this writers strike still happening. There aren't any more shows.

Emily said...

I am going to try it out! Did you make that cute octopus? I would have to say you are pretty dang good at playdoh if you did!

SUMMER said...

Jess- I was dying over your comment with the "little bit of years". So sad. But if it makes you feel any better... one time I took a nap and did not wake up to pick Haven up from Shirley's! I slept right through the phone call of them trying to reach me. Needless to say, I got her over 1/2 hour late! Oops! Us moms will always make a mistake like that! And so happy to hear that it kept your interest that much! It will get better and better each show so keep tuning in!

Christy said...

I love the bright colors! How do you do THAT? Maybe this will be an activity we can do over Thanksgiving break. We'll see.