Wednesday, October 24

What is Happening???

Here is a satallite photo of the state I call home going up in flames (the red marks were digitally put there but the smoke is for real). What is the deal with this? We can't go outside because the air quality is so poor. There is ash everywhere, the other day we left our kitchen window open all night on accident and woke up to our kitchen covered in ash. We keep our windows closed all day and it is close to 100 degrees outside. School has been canceled tomorrow, not because of snow or rain, but SMOKE. I tell you we need rain! I'm two seconds from going outside and doing some sort of Indian rain dance around the palm tree in my back yard - so help me bring on the winter weather.

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Man that is crazy! You guys need to take a trip out here and stay until this madness is over!

Wendy said...

I can't even handle how sad/scary this is. I wish there was something that we could do.

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I know!!! I can't breathe very well. I left the kids bathroom window open and everything was covered in soot! Sick!

What am I going to do tomorrow with all my kids INSIDE ALL DAY????

Jennifer said...

I am doing the rain dance as we speak, although I don't want mud slides! I remeber when LB canyon burned and then the rain sent the entire hillside down, I was in HS. THe youth of the church spent many a hours filling sand bags! Love the mud run photos, you look great, seriously. So, are we ever going to get together again? Outside is bad, but I miss my friends!

Jenny said...

I hate this!!! Cate is driving me MAD!

Jules said...

Wow, I didn't realize how close you were to all that. I hope things improve soon!

Diane said...

I thought it would be a good idea to open my bedroom and bathroom windows briefly this morning to let some cool air in. When I left for work, it smelled like a campfire. This is unbelievable! My car is covered with ashes. Yesterday at lunch, a restaurant hostess tried to tell me there was plenty of seating on the patio. No kidding!! I've never seen anything like this! Because of the stringent fire code implemented 12 years ago, Irvine didn't lose one home!

Janan said...

I wondered how close you guys were to all of this...it's crazy. It seems unreal to me and I'm not even there to see and smell it all. Crazy world.

Jamie! said...

Wow, that is horrible. I just can't believe how bad it is. I'll do a rain dance for you, too! That's nuts.