Tuesday, October 23

Ahhh... What a Weekend!

Gosh it has been so long since I have made a post or even looked at blogs. I feel so out of it. Anyway, this past weekend was a blur - lots to do and all tuckered out. Saturday morning was the Mud Run. There was so many people that I knew running it this year (including ALL of my sisters) it made the experience a lot of fun. Here are a few snap shots of the run.

Here is the group I ran with along with another group that our group ran with... are you following? My sister Elena was able to sub in for someone on our team, my other 3 sisters ran solo.

I KNOW, I know my shorts are so freakin short. Believe it or not when I ran the mud run 2 years ago I was 10 pounds lighter and it didn't bother me so much. Let's just say I learned my lesson this year. I'll be using different shorts next time. We were jumping into the mud in this picture, but the bottom was cut off so it you can't tell.... just an fyi.
There is always time for a photo op. Here was the half way point at the Castle on top of the tallest hill... ok, well it felt like the tallest hill when you are climbing it!
(Me, Tracy, Paul, Emily, Elena & Wendy)
I was also so fortunate to have all my siblings together for the first time in a long time. This usually only happens at weddings, there was no wedding, just a special occasion for my grandma. It was a lot of fun hanging out with everyone. My brother stayed here with me and we had a great time together. I can't wait for him to bring his family out here for another California trip. I promise I'll do the beach, Disneyland, Sea World and all the other So Cal tourist stops. I just don't get to see my one and only brother that often.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Those pictures look like you guys were going on a scenic hike. I want to see some mud action shots! Thanks for encouraging me to run it, I had fun!

Can't wait to see you next week!

Wendy said...

Note to self: If I ever want to dress as Daisy Duke for Halloween call Jessica. Seriously?!?! Those are Paige's shorts that got mixed in the laundry, right? On a nicer note, you hair looks rockin' at dinner.
2 thumbs up!

Stacy said...

Your absolutely right! You don't see your one and only brother (and his lovely wife) often enough. They really should visit atleast twice a year. March could be a nice month? Next time I see Paul I will mention it to him :). Seriously, the second day that Paul was visiting you I kept thinking to myself, "now why didn't I go on the trip". I think at the time we had a reason but I just can't seem to remember it. Oh, well there is always next time.

Jules said...

The more I read about it, the more fun it sounds. I think you look great in the short shorts!

Tarah said...

So where's all the mud? You must have all been in great shape for the race because you all look a bit too cute in the photos! I miss training soooo much!

Janan said...

The mud sounds fun, how long is this race? Maybe....

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

You guys rock! Get wet, sweaty, muddy, and healthy all at the same time! What women!

Rubymelt said...

WOW!!! Way to go Jess. I'm so impressed. You look great!!