Tuesday, June 9

Before and After Part 2

When we found out we were having another girl we decided to move Paige into the playroom and move the playroom downstairs and combine it with the office. This allowed Paige a bigger room for her bigger bed. Here is what the playroom looked like before we painted it. I wish I would have taken a picture with the mess of toys in it, but I'm sure you can imagine.
One of the owners (at least 3 owners back) had a mural painted in this room. There was great debate over if we should paint over it. I was in favor of painting over it - no offense but it wasn't that good - and it didn't go with Paige's room anyway. Sorry mural... bye... bye!
I think this pink was soooo much better than the last pink. I thought it complimented her bedding and looked great with the stripes on the wall.
I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do but I knew I wanted to do something different on just one wall. Wall paper? no. My friend Lori did stripes with this opalescent glaze - I had seen stripes before (let's face it - almost everyone has stripes) but this was a little different. It was a glaze that went with whatever color you put it over. I was happy.
At first John said that no one would even notice. I was a little afraid that he might be right. Now, I think it is noticeable enough but still subtle.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Love the room. It will be a sad day when she's a teenager and wants to put up posters of 1/2 naked celebs all over the walls (and ceiling).

Tracy said...

So cute Jess! Love the two toned colors. I bet Paige won't want to sleep in the boys room anymore!

Christy said...

Of course you can see the stripes! I love it all. The pink looks just pink enough :)

Heather said...

it looks beautiful. great job as usual. you always do great work jess.

SUMMER said...

Looks AMAZING! I love it!

Stacy said...

I have seen the glaze done with polka dots on a wall too. I might be trying it in Lily's room. Paige's room looks like a great place for a nap. I will be over at 3:00 pm :0).