Monday, July 14

Things I Learned This Weekend

I have learned that...
I love to dress up and even more I love the 80's. We went to an 80's Roller Skating birthday party for our friend Summer this past weekend and had such a good time. I absolutely love roller skating and I could have done it all night! Thanks Summer for a good party! (No, my hand is not on that girl's butt) One of my favorite parts about dressing up was all the 80's poses I could muster up!

John looks like a pervert with a mustache. He was a little confused on what 80's facial hair looks like. I told him one mustache Magnum PI like and he came up with this... lock up your children... right?? At one point during the night John was signaling to me across the room that he wanted a drink of my soda, all I could think of was "who is that perv trying to hit on me." (Oh, Honey!)
Brock loves to wipe his face after every bite. We went to Wahoo's the other night and he wiped his face after each bite... we thought he was so cute and we couldn't get enough of this little guy.
Not to get a dog out at a pet store unless you are looking to buy. I have told myself for years that I would wait to buy a dog till we were done having kids and I always wanted to do the Christmas Morning with a Bow thing... I can not tell you how close we were to purchasing this beauty. If the kids were behaving better we would have walked home with her that night. Instead we decided to sleep on it and I had full intentions of going back Monday night to get her. Isn't she adorable. John talked some sense into me about waiting... so, we are going to wait... (I'll admit, I'm still second guessing this decision). She is a Bichon/ Shih-Tzu mix, who is hypoallergenic and doesn't shed... and she was so calm and soft and loving and she looking at me with her big brown eyes and melted my heart... Ahhh.. the anguish I feel!
Singing Happy Birthday and eating cake a second time is just as fun as the first time... if not better! We got to celebrate John's birthday with the Lowry's and the kids loved singing! I think we blew out the candles at least 3 times.
I consider these things lessons learned!

12 comments:

Emily said...

I loved your outfit and all the poses that came with it! I see John trimmed the stache to the Magnum PI look... much less scary! When are we going roller skating again? I had a blast! Great post!

Stacy Sorensen said...

I really did love the eighties. And I can say with pride that my bangs we huge!
Love the party idea, all I need to is buy a house, make some friends and have one of my own.

Heather said...

Love the 80's outfits! But what I love more is that CUTE little dog. Oh my . . . I bet that was hard to leave behind. It's for sure another child though . . .

Adrienne said...

Jess...your little pup....so close, yet so far away. Just goes to show, sometimes waiting and thinking rationally DOESN'T pay! :)

Wendy said...

John has an uncanny resemblance to "Uncle Rico" from Napoleon Dynamite it's scary!

SUMMER said...

You and John were GREAT at the party! Sometimes I wish we still lived in the 80's! The whole get up and vibe is the BEST! I am really sad after seeing that puppy picture... what a CUTE little dog!!! DARN IT JESS! I say that you keep looking... Gordon needs a playmate on parkdays...... PLEASE!!!

Tarah said...

I forgot it was John's b-day too! Happy belated to you! Jessica you are one hilarious woman you know! I agree it was so fun to dress up.

Jen said...

There is something so romantic about getting a pup. I almost feel like it would earn me a pass to motherhood hall of fame. But yet I just can't bring myself to do it! I am jealous of the 80's skate party! In high school that was always my favorite night at CLASSIC SKATE!

Unknown said...

Jessica
You looked awesome. I think you both should keep that look for Halloween. Smile.

Happy BDay John!

Sorry about the dog if you wanted one. I just can't imagine having a dog right now. To much work for me. Although that dog was pretty dang cute. Smile!

Janan said...

I love the dress up skating. In college my friends and I would dress up for Disco night at the local rink. Last time I went I was very pregnant with Avie, so it's been like 11 years! eeks. I agree with you about John's 'stache. yikes.

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Ben said to tell John he looks HOT! Move over Magnum PI--here comes Johnny Z!

Natalie

Sara said...

Love the 80's look and the mustache! It's a little frightening how John seems to love it so much.