Sunday, July 27

Post Dog...

... well it's been almost two weeks since we got Molly and our life has pretty much revolved around her and getting her potty-trained. We have been doing other things too and we've managed to still keep ourselves quite busy. Here you go...

Last Week

Paige was gone away at her cousins when we got Molly. Her aunt Nikki was kind enough to take her and a couple of her cousins for the a few days. They went to the zoo, the tide pools, shopping, the pet store and even got the see their cousin's snake eat a real live mouse... that must have been quite the experience. Paige had a great time visiting and getting to know her Camarillo cousins more.

Here is Paige at the Tide Pools holding a starfish - looks like more sea life then what we find down here.

Here she is at the zoo with Savanah and Skylar - you can't tell in this picture but when they went shopping they all bought matching shorts - cute hugh? We were so excited for Paige to come home and see her new surprise (The Dog) but it was less than exciting when she came home sick with an ear infection that later burst her ear drum... OUCH! Once she felt better she was really excited about Molly joining the family. Brock started to get all too comfortable with her too! Molly after a bath - she is so tiny next to John's big foot.
This video of Brock holding Molly cracks me up - for one if you listen closely you'll hear Owen tell me that she is "his best friend" and what kills me about Brock is how he just wants to get comfy with the dog and turn on the TV like he's some tired old man. Seriously though...



Last Weekend

This past weekend we were lucky enough to take a weekend away and head up to Big Bear with the Barbers and Hemeons. It was a crazy weekend with the kids running around but I think everyone had a good time. Here is the entire group with some wilderness folks that supposedly "live off the land" - they said that they make their own clothes out the animal skins and eat the animals they kill. Really? Then where did you get all that eye make-up young lady? Ok, maybe the Dad is more into it then his daughter.

The hike we took with the kids was paved, which make pushing strollers nice. These kids had so much energy - it was my goal to wear them out!
We did the toboggan slides and race cars - mine was of course the slowest... don't worry we still had a lot of fun. I think Owen enjoyed being in a giant race car.
Owen begged and begged and BEGGED to go bowling... look at how excited he is in this picture of him bowling his first round. You'd never know it from this photo that he was COMPLETELY OVER IT after this. What a waist of time and money. I couldn't believe it that he was done after this.
Lucky for us we had another child all to willing to bowl. Brocky loved it. He couldn't wait for his turn to roll that bowling ball down the lane. He would get so excited and point every time it went down - I think he got a higher score then me?!?
We ended our weekend with relaxing walks down to the lake and the kids enjoyed throwing rocks in the water. Good times guys - I don't think I've ever seen Brad, Marc and John laugh as hard as they did the night we played games. I have to say it's pretty funny how the later it gets in the evening the younger these guys act.
While we were away the dogs played. Molly got to stay at her cousins house. Sasha and Sadie were so sweet and inviting to her. I would have thought they would toss her around like a tennis ball, but instead they played and she enjoyed wrestling them. Too cute!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

You guys are sure having a busy/fun summer. that videos is super cute...I can't get over how big Brock is getting! It's been too long.

Jenny said...

I love your dog. I even said, I guess I could pick up poop if Molly was my dog. =)
Big Bear sounded fun and I still feel bad about Paige's ear infection!
That starfish is huge!

Adrienne said...

I echo Jenny...I sort of want your dog, not a dog of my own. This was a great post...Brock is so big in that video.
And the post above of Paige in that tennis skirt is ridiculously cute!!

Christy said...

I can't wait to get home and meet this dog. She is too cute!