Sunday, June 22

Too Much to Sum Up

Before and After

Here is a BEFORE shot of our dinning room
And here is AFTER we painted... not a huge difference, but a BIG deal to me. I couldn't stand our last color - and this shade suites me much better. Ahhhh... I love it. I know you are probably thinking... What's the difference? Well the first color had too much Peach in it for me - the second color has more gray in it which goes with my kitchen and family room color of Silver Sage. I don't care if no one can tell the difference... I CAN.
Swim Lessons Are Over
Owen had such a blast with swim lessons - he is becoming a stronger swimmer, we just need to keep practicing. I loved his enthusiasm - he would come up coughing up water and still have a smile on his face.
Camping With The Family
Here are the kids all packed up in the car and ready to go. They were all so excited - can you believe all the stuff that is needed to camp just ONE night with 3 kids. And to think we forgot a few things... crazy! I guess you need that stuff no matter what - maybe next time we'll go for a couple days... hmmm... I'll think about it.
After we got there and set up camp we hiked down to the beach for some play time and so John could get some surfing in... hmmm... this makes me wonder is this a family camp out or an excuse for John to surf some more???
Here was the beautiful sunset we saw on our hike down - not much daylight left.
Owen collected rocks - there were a ton of these little white rocks and he put them together in a pile.
Paige picked up the big ones, then she found a cricket (yes, you read that right) and kept it as her "pet" while we were down there - I had to make her let it go, she always wants to keep the animals she meets. I have to convince her they need to go home to their family.
Brock, well he just followed the kids around and climbed on me. Cute little boy!
While John was out there we saw some dolphins in the water. He says it's always a little spooky surfing with dolphins - they are just so big and fast out there. I love watching them from a safe distance on the shore - at least there weren't any sharks!
Brock got so filthy we HAD to give him a bath - good thing we brought this tub and filled it with water - he had fun splashing around - but he didn't stay clean for long. This kid was dirty the entire trip except in this photo.
You couldn't go camping without making s'mores. I think John and Paige are the only ones who ate them. Brock had plain graham crackers, Owen ate raw marshmallows and I just roasted some marshmallows and ate them plain. To each his own... right? P.S. Notice all these pictures and none of them are of me... wonder why? Maybe John could try picking up the camera every now and again and taking a few - I wonder if my kids will grow up wondering if I was even there? That picture of me and the kids for Father's Day... oh yeah, I took it!

13 comments:

Emily said...

Ummmmm...I'll try no to be offended that my week long visit wasn't even mentioned in this little recap, whatever

Tarah said...

Jessica- you are hilarious about the picture thing. Lately I don't want pictures of myself but the couple I have I have taken on self timer too! Looks like you had a fun time with your family. I love the simple camping get aways that turn out not to be so simple! It's all worth it.

Kim said...

Those two paint colors are TOTALLY different!! Not really but I'm sure it's different in person. Your dining room looks so nice. Where did you go camping? I'm not as brave as you are but I want to be.

Jenny said...

Oh, your pictures camping look like fun. Too bad I'll never have my own! :) And on the note of not being in any pictures, I'm totally fine with that right now. Someday, I'll even take some with the self-timer. Someday...

Suzanne said...

Your dining room looks beautiful! I was just thinking of doing some before & after posts. We've done a lot to our house but somehow the projects seem to be never ending!

Your camping trip looks like so much fun. I got Ryan a tent with the room dividers for Father's Day so we are thinking of putting that to use this weekend. I thought I would never want a huge tent but the thought of sleeping (or not) with all my kids piled on top of me does not sound fun either. We'll see how it goes!

Christy said...

Those are some great pictures! I love the one of Owen jumping in the pool. Also, those before and after pictures do not do it justice. You can't see the real color in the before picture. I love it and I think it makes a big difference!

SUMMER said...

I'm laughing b/c the paint colors looks exactly the same! Ha... I guess I would have had to see it in person. Looks great though. And what a BLAST that you went camping. You are a good wife. I would never dare do that with my young kids... they would be up all night!

Jules said...

It's been fun catching up with your blog. My computer time is way sparse during the summer I'm rediscovering. See you more in the fall.

Wendy said...

It's hard to tell the difference of paint colors when there's different lighting but seeing it next to the office is shocking! Wow! Who knew the previous owners love the color of foundation so much?

Wendy said...

Wow! I haven't visited your blog in awhile. I love all the new posts and pics. Hope you guys are doing well. You've got such a cute family!

Elena said...

So brave! I haven't gone camping since I've had three kids -- the last time was one week before I delivered my 3rd child. Looks like fun.

Janan said...

we love camping too! nothing like a perfectly browned marshmallow. yummy.

Janan said...

p.s. love the NEW dining room.