Saturday, June 14

Summer is Almost here...

Owen had his last day of speech - well, that is till the Fall. He couldn't be more excited. When it was over he ran out of the class room and yelled, "Yeah, NO MORE SPEECH!!" I guess the kid is really excited - I tried to explain that we'd be back this Fall, but I don't know if he really understood. That night Paige's school had a carnival - there were game booths to earn prizes, food, raffles and a ton of kids running around. Paige could only stay for the first hour then she had a birthday party to go to - but Owen had a blast. He wanted to "color" his hair and chase after all the kids. This guy really gets in there with kids much older and plays rough - sometimes he doesn't quite get what they are doing... we're working on it.
Here's a picture of the crowd of people there - everyone usually comes and it was really fun.
Owen crashed afterwards... it was a long day and the kid did not stop. He was running around till he couldn't take it anymore - we had to drag him to the car kicking and screaming - he was so tired.
Paige went to a friends birthday party and it was at the cutest place. It's called Bears, Buddies and Toys. It was so adorable - they do their hair and make-up, dress them up, make stuffed animals for each of them, eat pizza (even more after the 3 slices she had at the carnival) and go on a princess parade. She had a great time - Happy Birthday Claire!
Paige had her 2nd Ballet Recital on Saturday - she did SOOOO good! I was really impressed with her and the other kids in her class. I think she really likes performing so let's hope that she'll keep it up. Just look at those outfits - ahh... she was so cute! I think her favorite part was all the make- up she got to wear!
Here they are at the Dress Rehearsal!
Paige and her friend Avery - they were in different classes, but the same show - it was really nice to see some of the other kids we know perform too. Avery did the cutest tap routine!
Paige was also in the same show with her cousin Kate. Kate did a great job too - how cute are these kids!
Here is Paige and Eliza with their teacher (and Owen's Sunbeam teacher) Laura - I think Laura is easily one of the best teachers there - we loved all the costumes she picked out (Avery's too) and the routines she did.

On Saturday we watched Baby Mack! Paige was loving it - not that she doesn't hug and kiss Brock enough, but she really had a good time with Mack and I think Mack really liked her too! (Jenny - We'll have him over anytime)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I don't know what to comment about. Father's Day? Yeah.
Speech? Right on, Owen.
Carnival? I love Owen's tough look in all the pictures.
Bears, Buddies and toys? Love that place.
Recital? I cried all the way through their performance. I love those girls. What a great job.
Cate loved all the make-up as well.
Thanks for watching Mack. It was nice to relax and not have to wrestle with him on my lap while I was wiping away the very many tears.

Tarah said...

What an adorable little girl you have. I love the costume! She did a great job.

Emily said...

We all had a busy weekend! I love the pictures of Owen's tough guy face too! I for sure need a copy of that cute picture of Avery and Paige- I don't think mine was as good! Thanks for sitting by me during the recital....since my husband didn't, until halfway through!(poor guy)

Christy said...

I love Owens colorful hair. Seriously, it is kind of cute. And the recital, too cute to talk about.

Elena said...

I love those dance costumes. Amanda always seems to get the plain costumes -- I hoping our next recital she gets to wear something more like that!