Tuesday, September 4

Cake and Ice Cream

Last night we celebrated Owen's birthday with a little cake and ice cream and then some presents. Poor guy didn't get a real party but he sure thought he did. He would say "Surprise!" to anyone that would listen. Then when it was time to sing to him... I don't think in all my life I have ever seen anyone so excited to be sung to. He would literally scream the words and yell and cheer. When he blew out his candles I think more saliva passed threw his lips then air. It was classic. When it was over he burst into tears (I think because it was done). We felt so bad that we sung to him again - don't worry -- all was repeated including the crying at the end. This guy loves the "Happy Birthday" song.

7 comments:

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

that was seriously so funny. You need to post that video clip on your blog, youtube and send it into AFV.

Janan said...

LOL. That's hilarious. It sounds like a rollercoaster ride of a birthday.

Emily said...

I just love Owen - he makes me laugh. I've never seen anyone switch moods so quickly - oh wait, I have Jacob.

Jenny said...

I will never forget him singing Happy Birthday on the train. "Happy Birthday to you.... Feeeeuuuuuwww (sound effect) .....Yeah!"

Elena said...

This picture looks like is came out of a magazine advertizing Kodak film -- wish we could have been there. Love you guys :o)

Diane said...

I think Owen's body had enough energy to light up the entire house! It was incredible to sing to him, then see him throw himself onto the table in tears when it was over. I hope he remembers this birthday when he's older. I won't ever forget it.