Friday, August 31

"Bye Bye Speech" - Owen woud say

Today was Owen's last day at his speech class. He has been going since just before Brock was born and he has improved SOOOO much! We have been really happy with his progress so it's a little bitter-sweet that he is leaving. His therapist (Russ) and the Assistants (Carly and Kathleen) have been so loving and kind to him. I think Carly was his favorite. He would run to her and give her a hug every time class was about to start. I was a little teary when we left because I thought about how much they did for my little boy and how much they loved and took care of him for those 2 hours 3 times a week. I'm sure Owen didn't even notice that it was his last day, but I'm also sure he'll ask about it when he doesn't go back for a while. I think they all got attached to him and will miss him.
Here is Owen with his therapist Russ. (I KNOW! Yes, he is a great therapist)
This is Kathleen - she worked with Owen a lot but was in and out like Russ. I like to think of the therapists like doctors, the nurses (assistants) do most of the work and the doctors (therapists) come in for what is really important.
Here is his favorite Carly. He would yell her name and run to her when class began.
They gave Owen a good-bye card signed by everyone who worked with him. I don't think he cared much, but I sure liked it.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Those pictures are so cute. He looks so happy in all of them. I do feel bad that he won't be going anymore becuase he probably won't realize it until next week. He sure did improve a lot. Let's hope he likes Ms. Laurie's as much as speech!

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

i didn't know that owen was going to neport lang. center. blaine had russ also, so it was fun to see him! i loved that place! now we are in the school district and it hs been great! way to go owen! i could totally tell a difference in is speech the last time i was in nursery!

Wendy said...

Way to go Owen! How did you never mention Russ before? I was so confused.

Jenny said...

What a big boy!

Sara Decker said...

He looks so big and cute in those pictures. Just in time for preschool next week...these kids are growing up so fast!

Meggan said...

whoa, russ is um, quite the therapist!!

there's nothing like understanding your kid better. congrats to owen (and you!)