Tuesday, August 14

Owen's Latest Obsession

For what seems like forever now Owen has LOVED balls. I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself saying, "Paige don't touch Owen's balls!" or "Owen, go upstairs and play with your balls." or even "Owen... where are you balls?" The list goes on and on. Well lately it is hard to Owen without his Marbles. He is absolutely obsessed. He sleeps with his marbles, wakes up and asks for his marbles. He puts them in his backpack when he goes to class then immediately gets them out when he is in the car. I have to admit the size of them makes me a bit nervous.
As you can see there they are quite small and easily choke-able. I took them away before I went to Utah and when I came home GUESS WHO GAVE THEM BACK - thanks John. I know that I should probably just take them away again - but he absolutely loves them and I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Buy a few large size (no chockable) marbles and chuck the rest of them.

Annalee said...

Knowing how much owen loves his balls, I can't imagine him doing anything to compromise their safety. He's old enough to tell him that if he puts them in his mouth, or on the floor for Brock to put in his mouth they will be gone forever. That should make Owen nervous right??

Unknown said...

My nephew Josh used to turn everything into a ball.My sister said she couldn't keep fresh fruit in the fridge because he would open the fridge and throw the apples, oranges, anything that was even kind of round. Maybe it's a boy thing. I'm with Annalee. Try for a few days taking them away if he leaves them out. I don't think you can buy marbles that are big enough not to choke on.

Anonymous said...

They have those one bigger size marbles. You could get some of those.

Dylan likes balls too! It must definitely be a boy thing because my girls could care less about anything that rolls.

Anonymous said...

p.s. That pic of Owen looks a tiny bit like you. Maybe the nose? From what I can tell, your first two look a lot like your other half, but I can at least tell he's your kid in this picture!

Tracy said...

Maybe try the big bouncy balls that kinda look like marbles.. you know with the spiral designs down the center.

Ann Marie said...

I was just cracking up hysterically at the things you say to him about his "balls" ! Too funny! Is this what I have to look forward to with having a son now?

Jake, Cindy and Blaine said...

thanks for that!!! that is too funny! i was totally busting up!

Christy said...

I don't know...he is so cute with the these simple things that make him happy. That is not helpful, I know.