Friday, August 31

Choo! Choo!

Well, we took our first official train ride with friends down to Oceanside the other day. We rode with 17 kids and 6 moms! Whew! It was a lot of fun and I think the kiddies had a blast with their friends. We got off and walked 5 blocks to the pier where we ate at Ruby's. After shovelling the food down we walked to a nearby park and the kids played for a while. It was HOT! HOT! HOT! We didn't get back home till after 5 p.m. so it was a successful trip that took up almost the whole day! Fun Times Guys
Here is the line of kids and moms walking to the pier. People must have thought we were crazy.
I don't think I have ever eaten this fast in my life... I was terrified one of the kids would melt down or need help.
Everyone did their best to stay in the shade. It felt like we were walking on the Sun at times, but they all still enjoyed themselves.

8 comments:

Christy said...

Look at all of those kids! It makes me a little stressed. Thanks for dealing with it for me!

Wendy said...

Your group looks massive and crazy, but so much fun at the same time. So sad I missed it. Can you go again so I can come?

Jenny said...

I think next time we go all the way down starting a little earlier! It was crazy, but fun too! My first real "train" ride.

Sara Decker said...

I have to agree with you, i don't think i took a breath in between bites. I wanted to eat my food before anything crazy happened and i had to leave my food behind. It was fun for sure, we will do it again soon....ok, not too soon!

Meggan said...

that looks so fun! maybe i'll invite myself next time you go. hey, what's 4 more people to add to the mix?

Meggan said...

that looks so fun! maybe i'll invite myself next time you go. hey, what's 4 more people to add to the mix?

Anonymous said...

You guys are brave! It sounds like you guys had a blast and you can never beat a train ride!

Jules said...

Sounds fun! We live right by the Heber Valley Railroad but we haven't take the kids since a family reunion years and years ago. I'm impressed you actually did that. . . and with all those kiddies in tow!