Friday, May 14

Paint

So our house has been in need of a new paint job for a while now. As much as I would LOVE to have new wood floors or a number of other things done - this was getting out of hand. The last straw was when we received a letter from our association saying we needed to touch up our paint. Uh... Oh!

I thought I had it in the bag - I knew what I wanted. I'd seen a house with exactly what I wanted and this would be easy. Oh no it wasn't. The house I wanted was NOT on the "approved" list. I then had to go through a binder 2 inches thick and pick from the "approved color schemes" -- this was no easy task. I would wake up with anxiety sweats and in a panic over what color to choose. I think it was easier for me to decide on a husband than it was to decide on a paint color. Well, we chose it and although it wasn't my first choice -- I am happy with the new look.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do.

Like it or not - we are stuck with this paint for a long while.

4 comments:

Janan said...

I am assuming your house looked nasty upclose, cause you sure can't tell from the pics. Good thing IIII don't have a HOA!
Okay, not that it looked nasty, but in need of paint. phew.

Tracy said...

It looks so good!

Christy said...

Love it! It looks like a new house. My favorite...the garage door!

Heather said...

I Love it!!!!!