Friday, January 22

Yep... 33

So yesterday was my 33rd birthday. I have to say that I love birthdays. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't like their birthday. Everyone's nice to you. You get calls/cards/FB shout outs/presents... what's not to love. All my siblings call - well usually (um... Elena). ;) It's just a day to feel special. I hope everyone gets to feel special on their birthday. This year, I just wasn't into it. I wasn't bummed to be getting older - I just was.... hmmh... about it all. I just wasn't into it.

But to my surprise the day was so much better than expected. It started off with breakfast out... always nice. I got some nice surprise phone calls. Really nice text messages. Some FB shout outs and even some surprise gifts. We took the kids to Baja FIsh Tacos for dinner (a family favorite) and John and the kids made me a chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling.

It was a great day.



By the end of the day I was in to it (as usual). I felt like - yes, it's my birthday... let's party like it's my birthday. Anyway - this is a big thank you to those who pulled me out of my funk. It was a collaborative effort. I love you all for it.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I love Owen being so into singing to you. He always is the best birthday singer! I'm glad you had a great birthday. 33 is great, remember?

Wendy said...

chocolate cake with chocolate mouse filling? where was our invite? ;)

Tarah said...

HAPPY HAPPY DAY TO YOU! Glad it turned out alright.