Tuesday, September 15

Olive is 5 Months Old

Today our little Olive is 5 months old and I can't imagine life without my little angel.
I chose this picture because it was the most recent and this is her face expression. She isn't mad - she just has this pout about her - then all of a sudden she'll throw a giant smile your way.

It's weird how instantaneously a baby becomes a part of your life - so much that it is hard to remember life before they came. Olive has been such a dream baby to have... she is so easily enjoyed at our home. Brock calls her Oli and adores her. Paige is like her second mom. And Owen loves to kiss her softly.

Some of Olive's recent activities consist of:
Rolling Over - she finally got those huge thighs and butt to roll and does it all the time now.
Playing in the Exersaucer - She loves it and will watch the kids as she plays.
Sucking on her fingers - yes, this baby will now spit out her Binky (that she has taken since birth) and suck her 2 fingers instead... not sure what to do about it.

I'm getting so sad that she is growing so fast. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at her and just wanted her to stay that way forever - I can say that I have never wished that on a baby before - maybe it's because Olive is our last and I know how fast the baby stage goes. Sniff... sniff...

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Good to see you blogging again :)

Christy said...

No kidding! Look at all of these posts. I love them...good job.

Stacy said...

Love the pout. Who doesn't need a good pout now and again?

Diane said...

What an angelic addition to your family. After one of your previous babies you said, "I wish I could fast forward 3 months." Now your savoring every minute. She's definitely brought out the best in you. Sniff

Meggan said...

I know, I wish I could stop time right now. I don't want my baby to get ANY bigger!

Wendy said...

she's still 5 months old?