Monday, October 20

Mud Run

Last Saturday was the Camp Pendelton Mud Run. This is our group's 4th year participating and my 3rd year running it. This year we ran with the original 5 girls. I am missing my shirt - I just couldn't find it in my messy closet. My sister Elena came out from Colorado to run it too - she ran solo though and finished way ahead of us. Here is a few of us coming up a small hill. Every year we stop for a photo op at the half way point. This castle is at the top of a giant hill and is a perfect stop for a short break. Believe it or not we have to wait to get a photo - so we aren't the only group stopping.
I love this shot of Annalee. Even when you try and stay dry - you somehow always end up muddy and wet.
The water level was high and it was freezing cold. I thought I was going to go into shock... can you tell?
Annalee was nice enough to carry me across - I just couldn't stand the cold on my chest. The water was arm pit high - just look at the girl in back.
Through the stinky tunnel...
If you are wondering just how muddy it really is... here is a picture of some of it. Nice.
And then we finished. I felt great the whole time it wasn't until we were walking to the showers that I twisted my knee and I've been limping ever since. Fun times girls! Next year we are going to beat our time!!!

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Looks like fun....sort of.:) Kudos to you guys for doing it every year!

Christy said...

We better beat our time!

Annalee said...

thanks for the spotlight!!!

Jules said...

No accounting for what some people call fun. . . J/k--looks like a blast.

Tarah said...

Looks like fun. I really have to try it next year.

Diane said...

Will you beat your time by running faster or by cutting out some photo stops? Congratulations!