Monday, August 4

Trip to Carmel

This past weekend I was able to go on a short trip to Carmel with some of my oldest and dearest friends from High School and even Junior High. Our HS friend Jenny was getting married there - it was so much fun to see everyone and spend some real time together and better yet - get away from the kids and relax.
Gina, Michele and I flew in to San Jose and Joanne picked us up and we headed down to Carmel! Here we go girls!
The coast was just beautiful - now I understand why everyone says it is just so pretty there! All the green trees meet right up to the cliffs of the pacific. It's like are we in the mountains or by the beach? It almost felt like Astoria (Goonies) in some parts! Very pretty.
The four of us went to dinner at the Fisher's Wife - it was recommended as a "locals favorite" so we thought we'd try it out. It was sure tasty sea food!
We met up with Lindsay just before the wedding started. It was just so great to see all these girls - I usually only get to see them maybe once or twice a year! Above is: Gina, Joanne, Me, Michele and Lindsay!
Here we are waiting in the hot sun to see the bride!
Ahhh... and here she comes - can you tell she is excited! Jenny just looked so beautiful and her dad was beaming just as much!
And then they were married... Tom and Jenny sitting in a tree! Paige loves this picture - she says, "Show me the one of them kissing again" I think she is dreaming up her wedding already!
Congrats Jenny! You are sure a beautiful bride!
I love this - Tom is a professional fisherman, so the grooms cake was a giant bass? not sure just what kind of fish, but so cute and very well made. Jenny's cake was classic and pretty too!
And our table... or our group! Luke (Joanne's fiance), Eddie (Lindsay's love), Lindz, Jo, Michele, Me and Gean. I think we were referred to as the "High School friends" all night. The comment I got the most was, "aren't you the one with a bunch of kids?" Yep - that would be me, all 3 million of them!
Alas, a picture with the bride...
Ahh, and this cute couple - can't wait till next June for your wedding guys! You two are so adorable together. I think what I love best is how much Luke makes Jo laugh! He makes me laugh too! :)
And finally on our way back to the airport we ate at the Giant Artichoke. I had such a blast with these girls, and I can't wait to see them all in a few weeks at Gina's wedding!

13 comments:

Tracy said...

Jess that looks like a fun road trip. That is so exciting that Joanne is getting married in June!

Jenny's cake is super cute.

You look great in that blue dress by the way!

Sara Decker said...

Few things:

Looks like such a fun weekend.

That cake is so cute.

You look beautiful, that dress is so cute and a great color.

Hope you get to do it again soon, me too!

Jenny said...

Looks like a fun weekend. You looked gorgeous.

Wendy said...

For a girl who "doesn't wear blue" you look good! What a fun time to be with the girls.

Christy said...

I want your dress!

Adrienne said...

Yes, your dress was darling, and the color looked great on you! Too bad you didn't post a close-up picture of your spicy heels! :)

glad you had such a nice getaway!

Wendy said...

Girls trips are the best! Especially with old high school friends! Looks like you had a great time!

Kim said...

How funny, I was going to comment on your cute dress but I'm sure you know by now that everyone loves it. I wish I had it, I have a wedding on Saturday.

Kathy said...

What a fun getaway!!! I'm going private, but don't have your email. Can you email me please? hohoho@hawaii.rr.com Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a blast. It is always so great to get out and have fun with just the girls.

I too.
Love the dress
Love the cake
and I love your legs. SMILE!!

Stacy said...

I feel like you should set up a seperate blog entitled "Places I Shop". Looks like you had a great weekend. It makes me sad that all my friends are married. Let me know when you get the new blog set up!

SUMMER said...

Looks like such a great weekend with the girls... I need one of those! And I ditto everyone's comment about your cute dress and beautiful face!!!

Meggan said...

that's crazy that all those people are familiar to me. too bad i wasn't really friends with any of them.

i agree with sara, that dress is gorgeous on you.