Monday, August 25

Disasters and Dreams in One Weekend

Friday night we took the kids to the Walk With the Dinosaurs at the Honda Center. The show looked great (from what I could tell) but unfortunately we didn't get to see all of it.

Owen was a little scared of the huge dinosaurs that came out... they looked real and made loud growls. He was pretty good if he could sit on our lap and we could reassure him they weren't real. Too bad we didn't last past intermission.
Brock threw the biggest fit ever and screamed, which threw Owen into a tail spin. So, I took both Owen and Brock home and John stayed with Paige to finish the show - thank goodness someone could stay.
We were so bummed to have wasted the money on the drive home I had to lighten my mood so I called Jenny and said "Knock... Knock" She replied, "Who's there?" I then said, "Orange"...."Orange who?" she asked. "Orange you glad you didn't go to walking with the dinosaurs?" At least we both got a good laugh and I lightened up. Here are the survivors or at least the ones that could stay and watch it all.
Saturday night we went to another one of my High School friends wedding. Gina and Mike met on the first day of Junior High in home room. How cute that all these years later they are married. It was a beautiful wedding.
Here we are about to have dinner.
All the girls again... Gina you look great - especially with all that money pined to you! I can't wait for Jo's wedding next June - Paige is so excited to be a flower girl, and it will be great being one of your Brides Maids too! We are so excited for that!
Sunday was Brock's first official day in Nursery... yep this kid is now 18 months and therefore I get to go to class again and not wander the halls with this rascal. They said he did great and he even earned his very own car!

10 comments:

Christy said...

That does suck you had to leave early. But look at how cute they look at home in their pj's! I'm so jealous of Brock going to nursery. It is going to be a long 6 months for Mia.

Jenny said...

I have told your "joke" to several people since that night. I'm sorry it turned out like that.
The wedding was gorgeous. Looks like fun!
And I can't wait till November 9th so Mack can join Brock in NurseryTown!

Kim said...

We were wanting to go to that. Brock is a little babe. We're going to Big Bear this weekend-I figured you are too since we seem to go at the same time, am I right?

Wendy said...

Brock looks so cute! Love his new do.

Diane said...

Brock is growing by leaps and bounds!! I can't believe it. I'm glad it was a good adjustment. Both you and he deserve it.

Suzanne said...

Hooray for nursery! We are in the countdown stages with my almost 18 month old. I've come to like the halls though. Now I'll have no excuse to stay out of class!!

Janan said...

That's why we go no where....I wish.

Heather said...

Ok, I just can't get over how flippen CUTE that kid is. Oh he's growing up too fast, he looks like such a big boy.

Jen said...

Ahhh, isnt that so true. You have these expectations of how amazing this big event is that is a total sacrifice for you, but you think, hey, it's for the kids. And then it all all comes crashhing down. Every once in awhile it works out like a dream and it keeps you trying!

SUMMER said...

Jenny told me about your "Orange" joke and I was laughing so hard. Good one! And Brock is NOT old enough for Nursery yet?????