Wednesday, April 15

Olive Ruby Entering This World....

When we arrived at the hospital they were running a bit behind - so we just got comfy and waited. The nurses said this couldn't be our first baby - we were way too calm... Now on to the actual delivery - WARNING - THIS VIDEO MAY BE TOO GRAPHIC - so if you don't like blood - don't watch!

This baby came out with the grumpiest look on her face. I couldn't beleive it. She is such a sweetheart though - and we are so lucky to have her. Take a look at our HUGE family. I can hardly beleive it! The kids were so excited to see their baby sister - Owen ran in and was the first one to hold her. He softly sang "I am a child of God" to her. Paige took a quick look at my chart (I know) and then was next to hold her. Brock held her for a half of a second and then said "No, she cry all the time." I don't think she made a peep!
Me and my baby... my last baby!

14 comments:

Christy said...

That is a big family! She is adorable. Eliza just said, "Olive Ruby is such a pretty name. I wish my name was Olive Ruby."

Stacy said...

Eva and I just watched the video and Eva got a big grin and said "that's not a bug. It is a baby. Silly doctor."

You look great! Best wishes for your last baby!

Emily said...

Your family is HUGE!!! What are you going to do?! (insert evil laugh here:)

Kathy said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Your family is beautiful -- and 4 is great! :) Have fun.

J-Dub said...

DUDE! If I would have known that they would let me record it I would have! I got some good pics though. Congrats to you as well.

Tracy said...

Can't wait to meet her. She looks so cute! That video was crazy, seriously crazy. I wasn't prepared to see her come out so quickly.

Mandy Lowry said...

I got the chills reading your post. What a miracle! Congrats on your beautiful family. You look so pretty after just having a baby!

Kim said...

So cute Jessica-Cute name and cute baby.

Cindy Robinson said...

congrats jessica! she is a doll!...soooo jake made me watch the video-WHOAA...that baby just came right out, that was crazy! thanks for sharing! i can't believe i just watched a baby come out of you...still in a little shock here! CONGRATS!

Cindy Robinson said...

oh, sorry i am logged in as "brown girls" it's me...**CINDY

Jules said...

Congratulations! Now that is my kind of delivery. Hope the recovery is going as smoothly! Olive Ruby makes a nice girl bookend for your family. Way to be symmetrical.

Sara Decker said...

Your family is HUGE now and adorable. So cute, i have some catching up to do. Olive is such a cutie, can't wait to hold her again!

Emily said...

She is so sweet and I love her name. You look beautiful after giving birth Jessica.... no fair! So, how are you doing with 4? Crazy days have begun! Like they weren't already crazy right?

Janan said...

Congratulations again! love the video, I've never seen a C-section before. And what a cute paint job. When we moved to our house I painted Roan's Room with the idea of it being kinda like an old surfer's shack. He had other ideas. SO I have my paint, but he uses Pirates or Spiderman sheets and his walls are covered with Starwars and Spiderman pictures. And the very cool duvet I bought? In the closet, never been used once. oh, well.