Wednesday, December 24

Jam Packed Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was packed full of activities this year... we decorated cookies for Santa, made a big Christmas dinner and performed a Nativity program. Busy... busy... busy... but way fun!
John helped Brock with his cookie decorating - It was hard to keep the cookies on the plate and out of the mouth of kids. Don't worry - it was impossible for me to resist. Once the kids were done I had to sit down and decorate my own special ones - I just can't pass it up.
I think Paige had more frosting and sprinkles then she had cookie.
All the kids were gathered together - it was like a juggling act with sprinkles, cookies and kids. I think I was sweating when they were done.
The little ones sat at the kitchen table - I can't believe how big they are all getting.
After dinner, and before dessert, the kids put on a Nativity program for all of us. This is their second year doing it - and we look forward to many more years to come. One day they may even be able to read their own parts.
Paige was Mary and Fletcher was Joseph. Owen was a Wise Man but he had a hard time giving up the spotlight - he sat right in their with Mary and Joseph during the birth of baby Jesus. I'm not sure that is how it really went down, but he didn't care. Kate was the angel and sang a solo of Silent Night for all of us.
After the festivities were over the kids opened their one present on Christmas Eve... to no surprise it was p.j.'s - how cute are these kids. We thought they looked like little elves. We put the plate of cookies for Santa on the fireplace and headed up to bed - well they went to bed. Owen couldn't wait, he knew going to sleep would only bring Santa here. I've never seen a kid rush himself to bed so quickly.

No comments: