Tuesday, November 11

A Train Ride & Lunch

We had a day where the kids had no school and we had nothing to do - so like we did 2 summers ago we took a train ride down to Oceanside. Got off and walked a couple of blocks to the beach where the kids played at the park and then we ate lunch at Ruby's on the Pier. I think we were gone for a total of 7 hours - a perfect way to wear out the kids and kill an entire day.
Here is our group at the Pier - can you imagine eating next to us???

There was a GIANT PELICAN (I think that is what it is) just camped out on the pier. Jayne stood next to it for a picture and it almost took her arm off :)

Here are the boys waiting for the train to come. I think the kids loved the train ride the most. They loved going up and down the stairs to the different levels and getting water in the paper cups for whoever wanted it.

It was a great time - I think we'll do it again in another year! :)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I need to move next door to you and be your new best friend. It is really cold here and a train ride to the beach sounds perfect.

Christy said...

That looks fun. But 7 hours? My kids would be a disaster.